Did you mean: 

Should I app for cap 1 unsecured?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I app for cap 1 unsecured?

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes hard pull and need more time to review the application

If you had fraud alerts, then you will more than likely get a letter stating that they need verification of your identity.

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Curious if I verify my identity then get a denial?
Message 12 of 22
Pway
Valued Contributor

I know you pulled the trigger already but I would have personally waited until you got that util down.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 13 of 22
jbsea
Established Contributor

it is more then likely a verification thing... But for the future try to get you utl down under 10% before doing any apps.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought about that before I applied but foolishly did anyways. Owell I'll call the recon number tom if there open but tue for sure.
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I called that number and they need me to verify my identity fax my ID and social security. Do they really want me to verify my identity just to deny me?
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

No guarantees, but most likely you will be approved.
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife apped for this card today, she was instantly denied, her FICO scores are 603 613 and 620. I was very surprised to see this. I have 2 QS1 cards and had lower scores than that when I got them. She has no bankruptcy. Please post your recon outcome when your sure. I am going to advise her to do the same.
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boom! Was approved for $500! So happy, only took 3 months!
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Boom! Was approved for $500! So happy, only took 3 months!

This is a suprised to me because a Cap 1 CSR told me today (I applied last week) when you have a secured card it takes 6 months for that account to clear to let you apply for a unsecured card. They didn't even do a hard pull and just declined and sent a letter with the reason: you already have an account pending. 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.