Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for Capital One Card?

tag
Misses_November
Contributor

Should I apply for Capital One Card?

I have one Capital One card that was involved (is no longer) in credit counseling.  I still have a balance of $1750 (limit was 2500), and I have made timely payments on it fon my own for at least the last 5 months.  I called them in May about reconciliating the card and was told that because of the agreement with the debt mgmt agency, they closed the card and were unable to reopen it.  They said I could reapply for a new account, however when I did, they turned me down for having too many open Capital One accts.  (I had 2 accts, both were in debt mgmt, one had a limit of $300, its paid off and closed, and then the other with the $1750 balance, which is pretty much closed as I am unable to use it- however they won't "Officially" close it until its paid off).

I have been getting on the findmycard site since May to see if my info comes up as "pre-qualified".  It has been saying there were no offers available for me.  I have recently opened a Navy Federal secured card within the last month with a $500 limit, and my score per Credit Karma is currently 619.   I got on the findmycard site again this morning, and they said there were 2 card that I was pre-qual'd for.   So now I'm wondering should I go ahead and apply again, or should I wait a few months?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Misses_November
Contributor

Re: Should I apply for Capital One Card?

I  went ahead and applied- GOT APPROVED!!  $2K credit line!!  Thank God, I'm on my way to truly rebuilding!!!

Message 2 of 7
eric19k
Established Contributor

Congratulations!!!
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 3 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats WTG

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Misses_November wrote:

I  went ahead and applied- GOT APPROVED!!  $2K credit line!!  Thank God, I'm on my way to truly rebuilding!!!

Congrats!

Message 5 of 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Misses_November wrote:

Congrats!

Do you know your current scores?

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 6 of 7
Misses_November
Contributor

Only what Credit Karma is showing me, and that's 619.  And its hovered back and forth on there from 627 to 610 to 619 for the past few months.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.