Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for another card???????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I apply for another card???????

First off thanks to everyone who's helped me along the way I knew nothing before joining this site my scores were terrible I've managed to remove but 3 of my baddies one is a recent (last year) the other two are about 5 years old...I managed to get two credit cards a couple months ago one is a secured cap 1....the other is a credit one both small cl of course also was approved for a fingerhut (300 cl) last month so far so good.. All my scores were mid 400s in jan...today I'm excited they are all just under 600 (all mid 580ish) I'm working on getting these last few baddies off my report...my util is still high but that's because my collection from first premier is still reporting..idk what to do about that thinking of just paying it off...my question is should I apply for another card I was declined for cap1 qs1 last month and gave me a ding...I really want to get another store card and another cc to replace my creditone card, are there any cards I have a good chance with or should I just let these two cards age for a while....any advice or anything at all to help would be great..thank you!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I apply for another card???????

@Anonymous wrote:
First off thanks to everyone who's helped me along the way I knew nothing before joining this site my scores were terrible I've managed to remove but 3 of my baddies one is a recent (last year) the other two are about 5 years old...I managed to get two credit cards a couple months ago one is a secured cap 1....the other is a credit one both small cl of course also was approved for a fingerhut (300 cl) last month so far so good.. All my scores were mid 400s in jan...today I'm excited they are all just under 600 (all mid 580ish) I'm working on getting these last few baddies off my report...my util is still high but that's because my collection from first premier is still reporting..idk what to do about that thinking of just paying it off...my question is should I apply for another card I was declined for cap1 qs1 last month and gave me a ding...I really want to get another store card and another cc to replace my creditone card, are there any cards I have a good chance with or should I just let these two cards age for a while....any advice or anything at all to help would be great..thank you!

What was Cap One's denial reason for the QS1 card?

What is the recent derog?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The recent derogatory is Diversified consultants  (sprint) lost my job last year after 15 years when the company went under and couldn't keep up ended up defaulting on that account....

Capital ones reason for denial:

Lack of home equity blah blah 

Lack of mortgage information past or present credit obligations blah blah 

They have my fico listed as low 507 as this was actually in early July I don't know why I thought it was last month lol scores are higher now not sure if  calling would help...my card with them is in good standing never late

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The recent derogatory is Diversified consultants  (sprint) lost my job last year after 15 years when the company went under and couldn't keep up ended up defaulting on that account....

Capital ones reason for denial:

Lack of home equity blah blah 

Lack of mortgage information past or present credit obligations blah blah 

They have my fico listed as low 507 as this was actually in early July I don't know why I thought it was last month lol scores are higher now not sure if  calling would help...my card with them is in good standing never late

I would wait until the next statement closes for your secured card and try again - check your scores before doing so - I believe they use the equifax score, even though they pull all three.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

well my statemet closed last week on all my cards my scores all got a bump eq 580 ex 584 trans 585, should i give it another month see what happens 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

well my statemet closed last week on all my cards my scores all got a bump eq 580 ex 584 trans 585, should i give it another month see what happens 

Wait another statement Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thank Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.