Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for another cc

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I apply for another cc

First and foremost, thanks for all the help I've been getting since I've began my rebuilding currently my scores have been in the low 500 I only have two baddies on my report both due to fall off this month I have to cc at the month both under a month old cap1 secured 300 cl and and one creditone 300 cl.. I am not sure how many is safe at the stage I am at, ive read three cards is good...I don't want to add on anymore more inqs on my file my question is should I apply for another secured (I was thinking wells Fargo since I bank with them) or should I just add another $500-700 to my capital and stick with two for now and wait for the bump when these two report and my baddies fall off, any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated...also if there is a better option then wells Fargo secured that would be great too..just want to maximize my growing

Eq 503 tu 490 ex522

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I apply for another cc

I wouldn't add money to that secured card. You are going to be eligible for better cards soon.

Wait for your baddies to fall off then check your score.

If you ever get another secured card try to get one that graduates to unsecured. But after your baddies fall off try the prequalify form for Cap 1.

Sometimes you have to give it a few days or weeks for their system to notice your score increase. Check your cap 1 credit score for it.
Message 2 of 5
dzemboc77
Established Member

I would not get another secure card. Keep your payments on time and use the cards to show good repayment. I rebuit my credit started out low 500's and am doing the same with my wife and shes already in the 600's.

You have a car and get gas right ??? Use the cards to get gas and then since I'm hoping you already have that money on hand pay off the card. Its ok to let a balance report here and there but you will see your score will be higher with your utilization as low as possible. My wife just got a credit bump on her creditone card to $750. I would wait till you have 6 months of on time payments with your newest card before going after another. At that point look at your highest score, and try and find a card that only pulls that score. Barclay does only TU. That was my 3rd card after credit 1 I got maybe around 610 score....

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If you have 3 revolving cards thats all you need right now. If not you want to obtain your 3rd ASAP. Check out SDFCU its a SP to open their secured if you have the money in savings and app by phone. A gas card would be considered a revolver.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
First and foremost, thanks for all the help I've been getting since I've began my rebuilding currently my scores have been in the low 500 I only have two baddies on my report both due to fall off this month I have to cc at the month both under a month old cap1 secured 300 cl and and one creditone 300 cl.. I am not sure how many is safe at the stage I am at, ive read three cards is good...I don't want to add on anymore more inqs on my file my question is should I apply for another secured (I was thinking wells Fargo since I bank with them) or should I just add another $500-700 to my capital and stick with two for now and wait for the bump when these two report and my baddies fall off, any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated...also if there is a better option then wells Fargo secured that would be great too..just want to maximize my growing

Eq 503 tu 490 ex522

I would not tie up more cash in another secured card at this point. You will get a signifigant bump from those derogs coming off as well as your new accounts reporting. I would just sit tight for another month, then app for a Cap One unsecured card.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.