Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for the qs1 card again?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I apply for the qs1 card again?

I applied for the qs1 back in late Jun early july...I just got the denial letter today after I called capital last week to ask them for it they pulled my exp and tu it shows 517 for exp then (590 now) they said I was denied for lack of mortgage on exp blah blah and lack of equity blah blah and past or present credit obligations delinquent which I had 4 baddies back then I have three now...... fp Co from 2011 which has been payed off,medical collection back in 2012 which I'm waiting for pfd for and dc collectons which is fairly new waiting on dv as I sent that out almost a month ago... currently have two cc and fingerhut store card. ... cap 1 (util80) and credit one (70 util) I got dinged last month for those which knocked me under 600 across the board but they'll be payed to 0 before next cyle question is do I have a shot at getting qs1 now or should I just wait and deal with these baddies....
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I apply for the qs1 card again?

I would suggest you wait to your utilization is reported to the lower number on your credit report.  They could deny you based on the high utilization even if you paid it down.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I meant after these cards report as 0..sorry for the confusion and thank you Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for the qs1 back in late Jun early july...I just got the denial letter today after I called capital last week to ask them for it they pulled my exp and tu it shows 517 for exp then (590 now) they said I was denied for lack of mortgage on exp blah blah and lack of equity blah blah and past or present credit obligations delinquent which I had 4 baddies back then I have three now...... fp Co from 2011 which has been payed off,medical collection back in 2012 which I'm waiting for pfd for and dc collectons which is fairly new waiting on dv as I sent that out almost a month ago... currently have two cc and fingerhut store card. ... cap 1 (util80) and credit one (70 util) I got dinged last month for those which knocked me under 600 across the board but they'll be payed to 0 before next cyle question is do I have a shot at getting qs1 now or should I just wait and deal with these baddies....

I would wait until your cards all report their new balances. Be sure you leave a SMALL balance on one card.

How old is the Cap One card?

Message 4 of 13
adifferentme
Contributor

You shoild wait.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both cards are fairly new as I began rebuilding in jan...they are about 6 months old and I think I'll wait until I handle these derog's first I am planning on approaching the medical with the hippa process the only one that's probably not going to budge is fp Co
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the QS1 isn't showing on the prequal page for you, I would wait. If it's on the prequal, then go for it. For us the prequal page has been dead on.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have not tried the prequal in a while I'll see what that shows just have gotten that "recommended for you" on ck and cs for qs1
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Have not tried the prequal in a while I'll see what that shows just have gotten that "recommended for you" on ck and cs for qs1

Even if it does not come up with an offer I would apply anyway. Even though Cap Ones prequal is pretty much a lock when it says yes, its prone to "false" negatives.

OTOH, if that FP Charge Off is showing an unpaid balance, It would be in your best interest to settle it even if they won't PFD. One, it's balance goes against your UTI% of your scores and is costing you points over and above its major derog hit. Two, an unpaid charged off CC is a *really big* red flag when applying for a new credit card. A paid charge off is not nearly as "flaggy". or... its not as red... or... something like that.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first premier is paid off and now reports as paid, it was hurting my uti every month and it was the only co on there I only have a medical about 4 years old and and the recent derogatory from dc
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.