Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I be hopeful about Verizon?

tag
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

Should I be hopeful about Verizon?

I called them yesterday to ask them to remove my account from the credit reports as I previously paid in full. Nope, not gonna do it, according to the supervisor who answered.

Today, I emailed a couple of execs and, within 30 minutes, I got a call saying that one of the guys received my email and they were going to pass it along to the correct person, based on my location.

Does that sound like a good sign or a bad sign? I really hope they don't just send it to some random CSR who just says no.

At least I know how to reach someone there - someone who at least reads his email. I can always contact him again, if necessary.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jslow
Valued Member

Re: Should I be hopeful about Verizon?

Could i get that email please.
Message 2 of 5
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

Sent you a PM, Jslow.

I still got a NO, but it was a very nice no. Oh well, it's still paid in full, which I know my CU will appreciate more than not paid or settled.

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I have seen people use planet feed back and get good results from Verizon.  I have never used the site but that is what I have seen and heard. 

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The execs most likely have an established internal procedure for dealing with such requests, passed down to their underlings.  That procedure is usually one of denial based on their credit reporting agreement with the CRAs, which stipulates that information should not be deleted based on payment of the debt.  Hard to say what Verizon's internal, publshed policy is, but denial is the normal internal policy established by most furnishers.

To get exception from normal policy usually requires agreement by a management official who has the discretion to grant exceptions to their own policy.

If they just passed it on to their underlings, in my opinion, that forbodes denial.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.