Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I bother GW-ing HSBC/Best Buy

tag
boogiesaveslives
Regular Contributor

Should I bother GW-ing HSBC/Best Buy

I have a Best Buy/HSBC cc that was charged off a few years ago (I think 3).  Of course it has been sent to collections.  I don't have the funds right now to send a PFD to the collection agency so I'm leaving it alone until I do.  

My question is, should I bother sending a GW to Best Buy in the meantime?  It sounds like they're not very generous, so my odds of success are very slim, especially since the balance hasn't been paid off.

Thanks.

Starting: TU 616 (VS) EQ 598 (FICO) EX 619 (FAKO)
Current: TU 660(FICO) EQ 702 (FICO) EX 716 (FICO)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MamboItaliano
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should I bother GW-ing HSBC/Best Buy

Would also like an answer to this one. My situation was one where I did settle for less and was ignorant of credit repair at the time. 

If someone has a good GW contact up there as well, that would be awesome. 

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Re: Should I bother GW-ing HSBC/Best Buy

To OP... Hmmm, you have so little levarage right now and they have a huge incentive to continue reporting - reporting hurts you and encourages you to pay. You could certainly try, but HSBC/Best Buy is tough even under great circumstances - we have a CC that just had a few lates and is still open with a balance and they have denied my MANY GW attempts. Again, the GW is worth a shot and will only cost you a stamp, but realistically, your changes are very low. You're probably better off saving up the full balance and then trying a PDF. Not the quick fix, but it's much more likely to be successful!

Mamobo - For you, I would definitely try GW - again, HSBC is not very GW friendly, but it's always worth trying! I have no great contacts, but if you can find the email ending "@finllintheblank.com" and then find names, you can usually put 2 & 2 together and get in touch will people. GL!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.