Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I bother?

tag
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Should I bother?

Mom has 2 lates on her US Bank in Dec 2011 and Jan 2012. Her TU/EQ shows them as 30 and 60 day late respectively and her EX shows both as 30day lates. This account used to have a collection account associated with it, which I successfully GW'd off a few months back.

Now for my question - is it worth it trying to call US Bank and have them make GW adjustments to these lates? Thing I'm afraid of is that they'll follow the "we do everything we can to report accurately" and put the collection account back on her CRs. Should I just leave these alone? All her FICOs are 700+ and she has no negatives other than these two lates.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
GoBigRed
New Contributor

Re: Should I bother?

Is the account with US bank still open or was it a CO that resulted in collections? Also, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe 30/60 day lates older than 2 years do not hurt a FICO score.

Message 2 of 4
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

It was an account that went into collections. Once the collection was paid, we closed the account.
TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 3 of 4
GoBigRed
New Contributor

Personally, I would leave it be. However, since its payed off and US Bank does not submit a collection account entry on behalf of CA, I dont see how a GW request would hurt anything.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.