Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I buy my FICO scores?

tag
Nola_Bee
Contributor

Should I buy my FICO scores?

Hello yall!

I've been playing the hurry up and wait game with regards to my credit. I've been rebuilding for about 5 months and have managed to make great strides with the help of the MyFico community. But I must admit.. lately I've been getting a little impatient.. it's so silly really. But anyway.. 

I have no idea where I'm at FICO-wise. I'm subscribed to several credit monitoring sites, but we all know how off those can be. What do you think? Have you purchased your scores? Was it worth it? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
n0smirc
Regular Contributor

Re: Should I buy my FICO scores?

I've been using EQ  ScoreWatch here since it's identical to what the mortgage lender sees.

TU & EX can be iffy but it's good to get a pull for the reason codes. I keep hearing that TU 08 free from credit providers could be more accurate compared to TU98 that is sold on myfico and TU08 is used by more lenders compared to TU98 (Although for mortgage, TU04 is what's used). That being said I originally got a walmart card for the fico score but now my Barclays rewards card has it as well.

Check out this post on how to obtain various fico scores for free:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Where-to-obtain-FREE-monthly-FICO-scores/...

Message 2 of 4
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I thought myFICO score watch was a helpful tool while rebuilding.  I still use it as I track my EQ FICO scores constantly.  If you don't think that monitoring a real FICO score is useful for you, you could still get single scores from this site.

But if you have never pulled a FICO, then it might be nice to buy a single score to see where you are.  Otherwise, if you only want to do it once, then you should wait until before you are about to apply for something.  Your score is calculated differently for each of the three CRAs (which also often have different data), so many people find a way to get all 3 FICOs.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 3 of 4
Nola_Bee
Contributor

Thanks so much for your replies! I think I will go ahead and obtain my EQ score. Hopefully it will take the edge off to know where I stand. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.