cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I close my FNBO Kickstarter secured?

tag
crrredit
Established Contributor

Should I close my FNBO Kickstarter secured?

I closed two of my three secured cards at the beginning of this year. All have been replaced with unsecured. I held onto FNBO Kickstarter because they say it could unsecure. But I've hit the year mark with them and I've never received any kind of unsecured CLI, and they haven't unsecured it, despite a 150-pt. increase in my credit scores and a perfect payment record with them and the rest of my cards. Only baddies left are two small collections that are 2 years old and paid. Just can't get the GWs to work. Just wondering if you folks have experience with FNBO unsecuring, or not.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I close my FNBO Kickstarter secured?

@crrredit wrote:

I closed two of my three secured cards at the beginning of this year. All have been replaced with unsecured. I held onto FNBO Kickstarter because they say it could unsecure. But I've hit the year mark with them and I've never received any kind of unsecured CLI, and they haven't unsecured it, despite a 150-pt. increase in my credit scores and a perfect payment record with them and the rest of my cards. Only baddies left are two small collections that are 2 years old and paid. Just can't get the GWs to work. Just wondering if you folks have experience with FNBO unsecuring, or not.

Close it.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried reaching out to them and seeing if they will graduate the card?  You could call and if they weren't willing to graduate close it on the same call.  

Message 3 of 7
huck1081
Regular Contributor

@crrredit wrote:

I had mine graduate after 12 months. I've now had the card for over 2 years at a $300 limit. They won't budge on the credit limit, and are generally unpleasant to deal with. Thus being my experience, I would save yourself the headache and close it!

Starting: EQ 501 TU 514 EX 533 (12/2014)
Current: EQ 613 TU 625 EX 615 (4/1/2016) Goal: 640 and a new home loan
Message 4 of 7
crrredit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@crrredit wrote:

Close it.

I think you're right.

Message 5 of 7
crrredit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you tried reaching out to them and seeing if they will graduate the card?  You could call and if they weren't willing to graduate close it on the same call.  

Yes, thought about that, but I'm thinking I will just close it regardless. Doesn't sound like it will grow, and it's my lowest CL by far. I think it's done it's job.

Message 6 of 7
crrredit
Established Contributor

@huck1081 wrote:

@crrredit wrote:

I had mine graduate after 12 months. I've now had the card for over 2 years at a $300 limit. They won't budge on the credit limit, and are generally unpleasant to deal with. Thus being my experience, I would save yourself the headache and close it!

Thanks for the info. Going to take your advice and close it. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.