Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I close my sub prime card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I close my sub prime card?

Hey all!

I have a total card with a measly cl of $400 and I am paying $6 a month to keep it open. I have other cards now and this is useless to me. As far as uti, closing this card would take me from 13% to 15% so I'm not concerned there. My question is will this effect my score because this is my oldest completely positive trade line or does it not matter because the data will stay on there for 10 years?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I close my sub prime card?

Just for reference the card was opened 6/2015 so I'm going to get another $90 annual fee in less than two months.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It won't matter because it'll remain on your reports for 10 years ... close it Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 5
empiror22
Regular Contributor

Just as a note, when my oldest card shows a balance my score jumps about 10-15 points versus when not showing. Scores from from 785-805 to 795-817 , I have a recurring charge very 3 months on that card. In saying that if you have prime cards, I would dump the sub prime and maybe take a small hit for a while. 90 per year plus 6 a month is not worth the small if any score change/benefit. In Long run say 6-12 months it would be same but you'd have about 150 bucks in your pocket.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone, I'm closing it out!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.