cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I contact Midland Funding for Paid Judgement?

tag
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

Should I contact Midland Funding for Paid Judgement?

Hi all,

Midland Funding sued me in 2008 through Pressler & Pressler Law Firm and got a judgement against me. I recently paid it last month directly to P&P and got a warrant of satisfaction from them.

Midland is still reporting as "open" under collections with the past due of $775 (that's the amount I paid for judgement)but due to fall off in 7/13, but probably 6 months after that so most likely 1/2014.

Should I contact Midland and tell them I paid the judgement? Would they delete their entry or at least update? Or will that open some can of worms that I shouldn't have to deal with now since the fall-off date is coming up?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Should I contact Midland Funding for Paid Judgement?

If you paid it through the attorney, Midland needs to update to paid and closed. 

I would send them a copy of the satisfaction letter from the attorney.  It shouldn't cause any issues.

Message 2 of 6
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the response.

I made payment about a month ago...well, February 28th... do you think I should allow it more time to update before I pursue?

Do you think I should ask them to delete just out of GW? Worth a try?

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

A GW is worth a try anytime.  Write them, enclose a copy of the satisfaction and ask for a GW deletion.  Won't hurt.

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It is quite possible that the debt collector was not the party who actually reported the judgment, in which case they cannot report its deletion.

The CRAs hire private firms to puruse public records and provide the data to supplement their files.

Do you know if they are the reporting party?

Also, I suggest you review your state statute on vacating judgments based on their satisfaction.  Some states provide discretion to vacate on that basis, in which event you could file your own motion with the court.

If uncertain of the state statutes or policy of your specific court, give a call to the office of the clerk and ask about their policy.

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The issue is Midland still shows the OP owes the debt even though it was paid through their attorney.  OP isn't asking about getting a judgment vacated only to Midland update to paid.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.