cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I dispute, PFD or just let it fall off?

tag
Shiva78
Contributor

Should I dispute, PFD or just let it fall off?

Hi All,

I'm in the process of cleaning up my history.

I have a collections of 4K (2.4K original amt) on all three reportd from Midland.  The OC was a a jeweler back in the early 2000s may was purchased once and the credit card provider they used may have also changeed once.  Anyway, my DOFD was prior to 2005.  The debt was sold to Midland in 2008.  They are sending me offers to pay them off.  On the letter they say that they will not sue due to the age of the account.  They say they will report the account paid, if I pay them off.

My reports say the collections will fall off in Jan 2015. Being that we are relatively close to Jan 2015, what is my best course of action?

1. Dispute the DOFD etc and try to get it deleted?

2. PFD

3. Let it fall off?

Thanks for our advice!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I dispute, PFD or just let it fall off?

This is clearly past the SOL in your state. Are you sure about the DOFD? if this were mine I would call each CRA it is reporting to and ask for an early exclusion to have it removed. By the time you do a DV and get anything else done it will be time to drop off.

Message 2 of 4
Shiva78
Contributor

Thanks, Pistol.  Yes, absolutely sure about the DOFD.  I will def look into early exclusion.

Message 3 of 4
dashpt
Frequent Contributor

@Shiva78 wrote:

Hi All,

I'm in the process of cleaning up my history.

I have a collections of 4K (2.4K original amt) on all three reportd from Midland.  The OC was a a jeweler back in the early 2000s may was purchased once and the credit card provider they used may have also changeed once.  Anyway, my DOFD was prior to 2005.  The debt was sold to Midland in 2008.  They are sending me offers to pay them off.  On the letter they say that they will not sue due to the age of the account.  They say they will report the account paid, if I pay them off.

My reports say the collections will fall off in Jan 2015. Being that we are relatively close to Jan 2015, what is my best course of action?

1. Dispute the DOFD etc and try to get it deleted?

2. PFD

3. Let it fall off?

Thanks for our advice!!!

Your DOFD is past 7 years so just call the CRA and have them remove it.

Cap one secured=200 closed
Cap One unsecured10,000
Wellsfargo1500
Walmart5000
Victoria'ssecrets1850, citicard 6500TU=735,Ex=723,Eq=734
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.