cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I dispute discreprencies on credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I dispute discreprencies on credit report?

I've read several posts on here where people have disputed something on their credit report because of discrepancies.  I was wondering how do you tell.  I have a couple cc chargeoffs that recently reported me 90 days late.  Charged off back in 2013 but in March showed up on report as a 90 day late.   Is that considered a discrepancy or just poor reporting.  Just a little confused as to how that works  Any advice on how to tell if their are discrepancies on there or if its reporting correctly.  It definitely charged off but can they still report now as being currently 90 days late.  It is still reporting under the OC and not a CA, 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
crrredit
Established Contributor

Re: Should I dispute discreprencies on credit report?

The OC can keep reporting you late until they sell it or you pay it.  They can keep updating or not.  Once they sell it, they have to report a balance of $0, but they can leave it on your report. Then you'll probably see a CA on your report as well, and they can keep updating it until it ages off or you pay it. Learned all this the hard way.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've read several posts on here where people have disputed something on their credit report because of discrepancies.  I was wondering how do you tell.  I have a couple cc chargeoffs that recently reported me 90 days late.  Charged off back in 2013 but in March showed up on report as a 90 day late.   Is that considered a discrepancy or just poor reporting.  Just a little confused as to how that works  Any advice on how to tell if their are discrepancies on there or if its reporting correctly.  It definitely charged off but can they still report now as being currently 90 days late.  It is still reporting under the OC and not a CA, 

Being charged off does not negate its late status. Technically the OC can continue to report it 90 days late every month until its paid off.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well shoot. I guess that makes sense because I am still late. They are both with chase. Any possibility of a pfd with them. I know that sometimes works with the CA. Think I'd have any luck with chase.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

With Chase? I had no success...

I tried a GW with chase on something that was accurate but stupid ($8 of interest that they posted after I PIF and I just didnt' realize that) so accurate yes, but really... $8 that I was not aware of and got to 60 late.

Still... probably worth trying... 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.