cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I dispute last Collection on Equifax?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I dispute last Collection on Equifax?!

First I would like to thank the Myfico community for the great information posted on this site!! I have been able to increase my scores over 65 points accross the board since 2/04/2016 thanks to the information I've read here!!

This is the last collection on my Equifax report. It is being reported by SOUTHWEST CREDIT SYSTEMS, L.P in the amount of $150. I know comcast doesn't typically sell their accounts to Debt collectors.  I contacted Comcast with the hope of paying them directly, and having the debt recalled( I've successfully done this before).  When I called Comcast they had no record of an account that I owed $150, only the two other accounts that I already paid off and an account for $90.  I do not believe the $150 is a legitimate collection, should I distupe?  Or due I risk "poking the bear" since it is only currentloy being reported by Equifax?  Would a DV be the best option here? Thanks in advance for any responses!!

COLLECTION AGENCY682YC07664--
ORIGINAL LENDERComcast--
ORIGINAL BALANCE$150--
CURRENT BALANCE$150--
STATUSUnpaid--
DATE ASSIGNEDJan 10, 2013--
ACCOUNT NUMBERXXXXXXXX--
ACCOUNT HOLDERIndividual--
DESCRIPTIONConsumer disputes this account information

-

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I dispute last Collection on Equifax?!

@Anonymous wrote:
 First I would like to thank the Myfico community for the great information posted on this site!! I have been able to increase my scores over 65 points accross the board since 2/04/2016 thanks to the information I've read here!!

This is the last collection on my Equifax report. It is being reported by SOUTHWEST CREDIT SYSTEMS, L.P in the amount of $150. I know comcast doesn't typically sell their accounts to Debt collectors.  I contacted Comcast with the hope of paying them directly, and having the debt recalled( I've successfully done this before).  When I called Comcast they had no record of an account that I owed $150, only the two other accounts that I already paid off and an account for $90.  I do not believe the $150 is a legitimate collection, should I distupe?  Or due I risk "poking the bear" since it is only currentloy being reported by Equifax?  Would a DV be the best option here? Thanks in advance for any responses!!

COLLECTION AGENCY682YC07664--
ORIGINAL LENDERComcast--
ORIGINAL BALANCE$150--
CURRENT BALANCE$150--
STATUSUnpaid--
DATE ASSIGNEDJan 10, 2013--
ACCOUNT NUMBERXXXXXXXX--
ACCOUNT HOLDERIndividual--
DESCRIPTIONConsumer disputes this account information

-

Looks like this has already been disputed at one time or another and come back as verified. A DV doesnt have any effect after the first 30 days of a CA receiving a collection unless you are in TX then they have to validate within 30 days or delete the entry. You could try a DV and see if they respond.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I dispute last Collection on Equifax?!

Perhaps the $90 account has accrued subsequent charges?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.