Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I dispute now or wait?

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Should I dispute now or wait?

Hello all. I told this fantastic story about how my final. 5 year old collection will be removed. However as of today. It has been deleted from Equifax. And experian. Not yet from transunion. 

I noticed it only says updated may 25th. Even after the collection agency sent them notification that it should be deleted in their letter to me. The ca. Said I should allow 6-8 weeks for this to update on my credit report. But why did eq. And ex delete already and not tu? Should I dispute it now.?  I do have letter from ca instructing them to delete. And what should I say. It was not a pay for delete. This is because Brighthouse cable told me they would delete a year ago if I signed up. Instead they marked paid in full. Even though I did not pay anything. I complained. So they decided to delete. Need help please. As what should be my next step. Wait to see or just dispute. My experian got 28 point boost. 670- 698. No update on eq. It's 663 right now. And the collection is still on transunion.  Which tu score. 687. Want a boost. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Should I dispute now or wait?

Never mind every one. i was able to go to walmart site to see if anything changed with my transunion and looks like i got a 29 point boost. from 687 to 716. so they did take it off. i just was not sure what to do. thanks. here is my walmart screenshot.

wally update.PNG

Message 2 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

Never mind every one. i was able to go to walmart site to see if anything changed with my transunion and looks like i got a 29 point boost. from 687 to 716. so they did take it off. i just was not sure what to do. thanks. here is my walmart screenshot.

wally update.PNG

Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic! That must feel really good!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome. Congrats !!!
Message 6 of 7
taxi818
Super Contributor

Thanks everyone. i was able to go thru backdoors to get my new fico scores as my fico 3b monitoring is so slow to update. i did update the Eq at myfico.

which is up. from 663 to 706 as well.

Neweqscore.PNG

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.