I had sent a DV letter to IC Systems to which they responded with a letter saying that they were confirming my account had been withdrawn from their files and that they would request that "any information our office may have forwarded to the credit reporting agencies regarding this account be deleted or removed from their records". They go on to say "You may wish to check with your local credit bureau to ensure that your credit file has been corrected."
That was on Dec. 4. As of last night (Dec 14) when I pulled my EQ FICO, it was still on there. Should I dispute with the CRA's or wait a while longer? Seems like it should have come off by now. I sent another DV at that same time and that CA is now off of my file.
I would wait at least 30 days...most CA's are on a 30 day reporting rotation...If its been more then 35 days then I would contact them and furnish them proof of the letter
I dont see a disputable issue.
Their communication is really nothing more under the statute than lack of verification in response to the DV.
It does not state that the reporting is per se inacccurate, only that they are no longer continuing collection on the debt. So they remain under a cease collection bar.
It is not in response to an FCRA dispute, so it has no time component.
Stated intent to do something that is not required under the statute is not a matter for CRA involvement.
Thanks guys. So, if I wait another 30 days and it's still there is there anything I can do?
what I would do then is contact the cra's directly and let them know that the CA is deleting their tradeline and that you have proof of this..then fax the correspondence from the CA where they stated that they would delete their tradeline to the CRA...from my past experience, whenever I have faxed a deletion letter to the CRA, they have removed it within 5 days....