Reply
Established Contributor
electra
Posts: 573
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Should I dispute now w/CRA's?

I had sent a DV letter to IC Systems to which they responded with a letter saying that they were confirming my account had been withdrawn from their files and that they would request that "any information our office may have forwarded to the credit reporting agencies regarding this account be deleted or removed from their records". They go on to say "You may wish to check with your local credit bureau to ensure that your credit file has been corrected."   

 

That was on Dec. 4.  As of last night (Dec 14) when I pulled my EQ FICO, it was still on there.   Should I dispute with the CRA's or wait a while longer?  Seems like it should have come off by now.   I sent another DV at that same time and that CA is now off of my file.



Starting Score: TU:584 | EQ 584
Current Score: TU FICO: 711 | EQ FICO 713 | EX (USAA FAKO) 779
Goal Score: 780 across the board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
tmobileguy
Posts: 88
Registered: ‎11-16-2012
0

Re: Should I dispute now w/CRA's?

I would wait at least 30 days...most CA's are on a 30 day reporting rotation...If its been more then 35 days then I would contact them and furnish them proof of the letter


Starting Score: EQ 575 EX 595 TR 524
Current Score: EQ 643 EX ??? TR 638
Goal Score: EQ 300 EX 300 TR 300


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
RobertEG
Posts: 18,139
Registered: ‎03-19-2007
0

Re: Should I dispute now w/CRA's?

I dont see a disputable issue.

Their communication is really nothing more under the statute than lack of verification in response to the DV.

It does not state that the reporting is per se inacccurate, only that they are no longer continuing collection on the debt.  So they remain under a cease collection bar.

It is not in response to an FCRA dispute, so it has no time component.

 

Stated intent to do something that is not required under the statute is not a matter for CRA involvement.

 

Established Contributor
electra
Posts: 573
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: Should I dispute now w/CRA's?

Thanks guys.  So, if I wait another 30 days and it's still there is there anything I can do?



Starting Score: TU:584 | EQ 584
Current Score: TU FICO: 711 | EQ FICO 713 | EX (USAA FAKO) 779
Goal Score: 780 across the board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
tmobileguy
Posts: 88
Registered: ‎11-16-2012
0

Re: Should I dispute now w/CRA's?

what I would do then is contact the cra's directly and let them know that the CA is deleting their tradeline and that you have proof of this..then fax the correspondence from the CA where they stated that they would delete their tradeline to the CRA...from my past experience, whenever I have faxed a deletion letter to the CRA, they have removed it within 5 days....


Starting Score: EQ 575 EX 595 TR 524
Current Score: EQ 643 EX ??? TR 638
Goal Score: EQ 300 EX 300 TR 300


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}