Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I dispute over a few CENTS?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I dispute over a few CENTS?

I sent a goodwill letter for a paid collection and so far no response. After checking my credit report and trying to see if there was ANYTHING wrong that I can dispute, I seen that the account was off a few cents. Should I be able to dispute the account balance over a few CENTS? Also, my DOFD is not right. It says it should come off 5/2016, which is wrong. It should be around 2/ 2019. Do they usually update or just delete information? I don't know what else I can do to get this removed.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I dispute over a few CENTS?

Technically you could, but they have the right to update it which wouldn't help you any. Personally I'd keep with the GWs.

Message 2 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1  I would continue with the GWs first.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Kinda confused....

If the collection is paid, there is only one current balance that can be reported....   $0.  I dont see how it could be off.

Is the amount at issue the amount originally under collection?

As stated, any dispute can always be addressed by simply correcting, so wont compel deletion of the inaccurate information.

As for the DOFD, an expected exclusion date is not reported by the furnisher, it is an estimate generated by the CRA.

To have a disputable issue, you would have to know the acutal DOFD reported by the debt collector.

Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@RobertEG wrote:

Kinda confused....

If the collection is paid, there is only one current balance that can be reported....   $0.  I dont see how it could be off.

Good catch.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey sorry for the confusion. They haven't updated my balance yet so I was looking at the balance amount still being listed. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.