Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I do it?

tag
flustered
Established Member

Re: Should I do it?

I think that's the mistake we made, not applying for anything after BK. I wish I would've found these forums then but I was ashamed and depressed. Funny thing, back then we didn't have the income to cover all our expenses but had the credit and now we have the income but no credit. I'm 40, I was 30 then and feel like my life is going to be over and My family will never have anything because of my credit. Sorry, I'm in a self pity mood. It won't last long.
Message 11 of 21
flustered
Established Member

I didn't know there was a credit builder loan. I'll check into that. The advice on here has been wonderful. Except I've stayed up way too late reading it all for a couple of weeks now and my husband thinks I've lost my mind.
Message 12 of 21
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@flustered wrote:
I think that's the mistake we made, not applying for anything after BK. I wish I would've found these forums then but I was ashamed and depressed. Funny thing, back then we didn't have the income to cover all our expenses but had the credit and now we have the income but no credit. I'm 40, I was 30 then and feel like my life is going to be over and My family will never have anything because of my credit. Sorry, I'm in a self pity mood. It won't last long.

No reason to be sorry! Your feelings are valid, understandable and backed up by what you've gone through. Are they right? No, not in my opinion. You'll move forward, and you'll take the steps you need to in order to get there. If you didn't believe that on some level, you wouldn't be on this forum. You want to provide for your family, and you will. It will just take some time and a bit more work first. You can do it.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 13 of 21
flustered
Established Member

Thanks. I really appreciate it. Will I be charged for that few minutes of therapy and if so do you accept the Belk card! 😳
Message 14 of 21
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@flustered wrote:
I didn't know there was a credit builder loan. I'll check into that. The advice on here has been wonderful. Except I've stayed up way too late reading it all for a couple of weeks now and my husband thinks I've lost my mind.

lol I've stayed up quite late several times myself obsessing over my credit and on this forum.. Sometimes both at the same time!

Of course your hubby thinks you've lost your mind, I thought all hubbies think that about their wives? Good luck to you. I hope to hear how things go as you progress in your rebuild!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Message 15 of 21
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@flustered wrote:
Thanks. I really appreciate it. Will I be charged for that few minutes of therapy and if so do you accept the Belk card! 😳

Haha! Nah this one is a pro-bono!

Message 16 of 21
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@flustered wrote:

Bah... I'm 39 and there's no shame in it.

I filed Ch 13 because I lost my job in the great economic crash not because I got in over my head buying things I couldn't afford.  

Set a goal and make it happen....

When I got my 13 discharge last May my goal was to get in the door with my local credit union... then eventually buy a house.  I went to my CU in May and they said "go open a Cap1 card and come back in 6 months... we'll match it."  Well they did more than match it... they gave me a $7k Visa.  That was the last card I needed to complete my rebuild profile... I'm good to go and won't be applying for any more cards.

I also will use my CU to refi my car loan... I didn't get the best rate a week out of BR but they've already told me they'll refi around 4%... saving me close to $5k.  I will also use them to finance my house in a couple years... after my report is clean of inquiries and my 13 has fallen off.

Make a plan... stay positive.  It will happen.

Message 17 of 21
flustered
Established Member

Thanks y'all. There's so much encouragement here. Oh we talked to NFCU yesterday because we were members way Back then. We had a nfcu card on our BK. They said yesterday we had to pay that to open our account back up.
Message 18 of 21
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@flustered wrote:
Thanks y'all. There's so much encouragement here. Oh we talked to NFCU yesterday because we were members way Back then. We had a nfcu card on our BK. They said yesterday we had to pay that to open our account back up.

At least they didn't black list you completely. I hope that paying them back is an optin for you. I hear they can be quite generous. I would love to have an in with them myself.

Good luck no matter what you decide!

Message 19 of 21
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@flustered wrote:
Thanks y'all. There's so much encouragement here. Oh we talked to NFCU yesterday because we were members way Back then. We had a nfcu card on our BK. They said yesterday we had to pay that to open our account back up

Common practice with credit unions.

Good luck.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.