Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I garden?

tag
Watio
Established Member

Should I garden?

I've been asking a lot of questions lately and do appreciate the answers.

Ok so I have 4 credit cards

Limit 2500 - 4 30 day lates in the past year(July-aug 2012 and aug-sep 2013)
500 - 1 30 day late 22 months ago(feb 2012)
300 secured - opened a year ago, no lates
500 opened 2 months ago no lates

Car loan 4 30 day lates(June-sept)

My question is after many goodwill attempts, all have failed to remove any lates. Do you think I should just wait a bit longer on some of them and send another letter perhaps? Also, do you think it'd be in my best interest I maybe open another secured card perhaps to help with positive history. And after how long do you think I should apply for limit increases on the smaller cards? Any help is beneficial. Or should I just let the cards age along with the lates? Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I garden?

Welcome to the forum! Check out the credit card discussions and you can find out when and if your cc give cli (auto or requested). From what I've seen, cli processes and timeframes vary between lenders. I think that 4 cards is enough for now....you are on the right track by trying to let them grow! As for goodwilling, keep trying and trying. You will get the right person one day and they will take care of you....the more personal the letter or communication, the better. Best of luck. I am sending another round of letters today.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
titanofold
Established Contributor

Re: Should I garden?

The good news is that your lates will lose their impact after 2 years. (You'll still be hurt by them, but only by a few points instead of tens of points.)

You have enough with four CCs. You just need to go a year without a late and you'll be looking pretty good.

Continue to send GW letters maybe once a month. Some of them will probably want to see that you're back on track before they actually do a GW.

Which cards do you have?

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.