Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I get a Secured Credit card?

tag
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Re: Should I get a Secured Credit card?

For me, personnaly, the 34 points were form April to October last year but I did not have any creditso this have me big boost and remember YMMV,it all depends on what you need exactly to boost your scores..
You can go with 1-5k for 1-5 yrs so yes, you can select 1 year..this is, of course, what BMO Harris does, another bank/credit union may have a different program. Did you get a chance to look it up yet?
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 11 of 16
patthefall

I got tricked into buying a watch a while back... the lady said it would help build my credit, it looked really nice and I had alot of money and nothing to spend it on so I bought it. I kinda regret

@Jutz wrote:
As far as the rebuilder loan goes, it's very much dependent on your file. It looks like you have a thin file, with lack of credit mix. Adding an installment might give you a good handful of points because it addresses one of that major flaws in your report. Or because everything is so recent on your file, it may not make a big difference right away, but slowly build. Very difficult to say for sure.

it because it's not worth as much as I'm paying for it. But oh well.. my contract is to pay $88 for 15 months and I'm done with it in 2 months. That came up on my TransUnion report as a loan. So I guess that counts as a little credit mix.. but yes I do have a thin file.

Message 12 of 16
patthefall

@Lasardo wrote:
For me, personnaly, the 34 points were form April to October last year but I did not have any creditso this have me big boost and remember YMMV,it all depends on what you need exactly to boost your scores..
You can go with 1-5k for 1-5 yrs so yes, you can select 1 year..this is, of course, what BMO Harris does, another bank/credit union may have a different program. Did you get a chance to look it up yet?

Oh ok I see. Yeah I looked it up. So basically you get a CD, then get a loan for the same amount, pay back the loan, and once you're done paying off the loan you take out your money from the CD? ( not early of course but you would time them accordingly )

Message 13 of 16
legacys7
Regular Contributor

how can i remove myself from this particular thread?

Message 14 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@legacys7 wrote:

how can i remove myself from this particular thread?

The only thing you can do is go back and delete the content of your post.

Message 15 of 16
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Exactly.
After you have paid the loan you receive the funds plus interest. They report that you are making on-time consecutive payments thus building your credit, additionally, it is listed as a installment loan thus giving you a healthy credit mix.
Let me know what you decide to do!
You can private message me.
T/c and good luck📢
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.