Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I get more CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I get more CC

U have 3 CC that I got all last year starting in June to august. I have not app since then. I have only 3 inquiries on EQ and 2 inquiries on TU and EX. They will all fall off by august of 2018. MyFICO scores are
TU-670
EQ-653
EX-663
My credit report
3 CC all in good standing never late
1 charge off paid in full- falls off in 2019
That's all I have currently is it time to start getting more credit or just let it sit longer and let it age more

capital one -$28----750

discover-$0----200

capital one-$0---600

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should I get more CC

How long have your current accounts been open?  You could try to ask for CLIs on those accounts since you already have history with them and probably won't have to use a hard pull.

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one unsecured open 5/16 SL 500 now 750
Discover open 7/16 secured
Capital one platinum open 8/16 SL 500 now 600(should be getting a cli after 6th statement)

Message 3 of 7
wa3more
Established Contributor

why would you need more credit cards ?? Generally speaking, at some point, having credit cards gets people in trouble.

stick with what you have.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't need more cards just figure will adding more benefit me more in long run?
Message 5 of 7
stargazer25
Regular Contributor

I would wait on the credit cards and would focus on getting a installment loan. You can get an installment loan through a CU. Say you take one out for $1k, put 500 back to pay it down and then pay off the rest of it off with time. If you can't qualify for an unsecured installment loan, do a secured installment loan. With this you will have a better credit mix (ideal 3 credit cards, 1 installment) and paying half of it back up front makes it so your balance is not high compared to the original loan balance. 

Starting Scores: September 2015 minus 500 across the board
Current Scores: October 2017 EQ: 715 TU: 710 EX: 716
In My Wallet:
Cap1 QS: $4.8K - AMEX BCP: $4.2K - Old Navy Visa: $7K - Nordstrom $3.8K - VS $500 (FTW!)
BofA AU: $12K AMEX AU: $25K
Business: AMEX BCP $15K
Message 6 of 7
wa3more
Established Contributor

no additional benefit. You keep making timely payments, bad stuff falls off, your scores will go up on their own.

Not sure how old you are but in couple years of doing this and they raise your limits you should be good to get other credit like mortgage. Don;t just borrow for sake of borrowing. Mix is important too so when you add a mortgage this will help score as well.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.