Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I get this card????

tag
Brandon1972
Valued Member

Should I get this card????

It's a Dallas Cowboys extra points reward card. Here's what I have now, Applied Bank secured CC with 250 CL, Capital One secured with 350 CL, Capital One unsecured with 500 CL, USAA secured with 550 CL, Barclaycard unsecured with 1300 CL and just got a JC Penney store card with 200 CL. My credit score are as follows: Ex. 631, EQ, 619 and TU 635. As my credit gets better over time, I'd like to start phasing out those secured cards. The oldest one in the USAA card at two years old and newest in JC Penney. My keepers forever out of all them are the Barclay, JC Penney and maybe the Capital One unsecured. Something's telling me that I'm jumping the gun a little here and to hold off a while. In my spare time I like to read about rebuilding credit. At this time I don't feel comfortable about applying for any other cards other than the one mentioned above. My credit is just not good enough right now. Thoughts anyone? Thanks, Brandon
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I get this card????

@Brandon1972 wrote:
It's a Dallas Cowboys extra points reward card. Here's what I have now, Applied Bank secured CC with 250 CL, Capital One secured with 350 CL, Capital One unsecured with 500 CL, USAA secured with 550 CL, Barclaycard unsecured with 1300 CL and just got a JC Penney store card with 200 CL. My credit score are as follows: Ex. 631, EQ, 619 and TU 635. As my credit gets better over time, I'd like to start phasing out those secured cards. The oldest one in the USAA card at two years old and newest in JC Penney. My keepers forever out of all them are the Barclay, JC Penney and maybe the Capital One unsecured. Something's telling me that I'm jumping the gun a little here and to hold off a while. In my spare time I like to read about rebuilding credit. At this time I don't feel comfortable about applying for any other cards other than the one mentioned above. My credit is just not good enough right now. Thoughts anyone? Thanks, Brandon

Who is the issuer??  Get a pre approve/pre select in the mail ??

Message 2 of 4
Brandon1972
Valued Member

Issuer is Barclay and no pre-qual in the mail. Brandon
Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If you have not had your current Barclays card for 6 months minimum I would not app for the card.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.