Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I go for it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I go for it?

Does anyone know how accurate the Barclaycard pre-qual site is? And, who do they pull from? I tried the pre-qual site and the Barclaycard arrival plus popped up. It seems to good to be true. I have a very thin file. When I pulled my scores in Oct. There were a handful of baddies on TU. I've had one removed, and, got a fresh start account with fingerhut. I got rid of CCT a fews weeks ago after the free trial. So, I'm not sure what my score is. I'd love this card! But, I'm hesitant since I don't know what my scores are.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I go for it?

Without knowing what your scores are it it hard to give you some advice.  Yes Barclay's is a TU puller. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know how accurate the Barclaycard pre-qual site is? And, who do they pull from? I tried the pre-qual site and the Barclaycard arrival plus popped up. It seems to good to be true. I have a very thin file. When I pulled my scores in Oct. There were a handful of baddies on TU. I've had one removed, and, got a fresh start account with fingerhut. I got rid of CCT a fews weeks ago after the free trial. So, I'm not sure what my score is. I'd love this card! But, I'm hesitant since I don't know what my scores are.

When it comes to Barclays, scores are not everything. How much recent credit card history do you have? If you don't have at least 18 months of credit card payment history on current open accounts, do not apply.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut is my only open account as of now. I've had it roughly 4 months.TU has 3 collections and a paid judgement reporting. I had a bad AU account removed that had a history of 2 yrs. Nothing on the other 2 reports. Plus, I have no score on them. TU was in low 600's.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Fingerhut is my only open account as of now. I've had it roughly 4 months.TU has 3 collections and a paid judgement reporting. I had a bad AU account removed that had a history of 2 yrs. Nothing on the other 2 reports. Plus, I have no score on them. TU was in low 600's.

Don't app with Barclays yet. I would suggest opening a couple of Cap One accounts first. Open a Platinum (the No AF version) and a QS1. Get at least a year of good payment history on at least two accounts before apping for Barclays. If Cap One denies you for scoring reasons try opening one of their new "builder" accounts. I'll dig up the link if you need it, as its very new and difficult to find.

Message 5 of 6
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

+1 history,scores need info.....no info=wait..
Also did it show you a set Apr or a range?
Lots of info on forum about Barclays...search the Credit cards sub forum....
Which is also a good place to ask this question to get more responses...
Welcome 2 the forum & Good luck on your credit journey......

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.