cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I just settle to get mortgage?

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I just settle to get mortgage?

Bottom lines appears to be your need to satisfy the debt.

A PIF will end it now.  Offers for a settlement for less will prolong things, as you will have to wait for a response. 

Do you have time for continued negotiations?  If you go the settlement route, I would do it by phone.

Message 11 of 15
tammyjk
Regular Contributor

Yes, if they pull your score right before closing you will have not yet paid it off.  If you pay it off at closing, you have met the stipulations..done deal.  It's not going to report paid right away so you wil need the proof of payment ect.  I would ask if this is possible.

Message 12 of 15
annielorie
Valued Contributor

+10 Do it at closing with the approval of your lender less chance to get scr:"D

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 13 of 15
johnwantsahouse
Contributor

Well I didnt get an alert but I pulled with USAA and a new collection appeared today.  I pulled from myfico equifax only and it was ERC for $35.  I immediately called them furious cause I never received anything about it and it was with AT&T from 2008.  I got them to PFD and paid right then and they faxed a letter stating the requested a delete from all 3 CRA.  The thing is, the bank that said pay the remaining collections doesnt know this yet.  There is another local bank that I sent the reports to and he said he doesn't think I would need to pay the remaining collections.  They are atleast 3 years old, one is 6 years old.  

Should I wait till this new collection falls off and have the newer bank pull or satisfy the collections to continue with the original?

Current Score:EQ-660 (FICO) / TU-677 (FICO) (3/10/14)
6/8/12 Score:EQ-640 / TU-650 / EX-656 (All FICO Lender Pulls 6/8/12)
6/5/12 Score:EQ-640 / TU-638 / EX-656 (All FICO Lender Pulls 6/5/12)
6/1/12 Score:EQ-640 (FICO) / TU-618 (FICO) /EX-670 (FAKO)
Starting Score:EQ-542 TU-574 (4/30/2012)
Message 14 of 15
annielorie
Valued Contributor

I'd talk to your loan officer. That would be a call for the bank.  Things creep up during mortgages. They the CA's get alerts to our accounts and when a mortgage inquiry appears they come from under the rocks. 

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.