Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I just wait this out?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I just wait this out?

I put my entire credit report on an excel spreadsheet to make it make more sense. Looking at the actual report, it was just a jumbled up mess. With early exclusion, everything except 3 baddies will fall off next year. With TU, it would take until March, and with the other 2, until June. I really wanted to buy a house at the end of this year but Im wondering now if I should just wait until next year when all of this stuff falls off, and take care of the 3 that are still there and would be until 2020. I'm not done disputing so this could change but if everything was to be validated, this is what I'm looking at. This is depressing. I wish I had never messed up my credit.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I just wait this out?

@Anonymous wrote:
I put my entire credit report on an excel spreadsheet to make it make more sense. Looking at the actual report, it was just a jumbled up mess. With early exclusion, everything except 3 baddies will fall off next year. With TU, it would take until March, and with the other 2, until June. I really wanted to buy a house at the end of this year but Im wondering now if I should just wait until next year when all of this stuff falls off, and take care of the 3 that are still there and would be until 2020. I'm not done disputing so this could change but if everything was to be validated, this is what I'm looking at. This is depressing. I wish I had never messed up my credit.

I dont know what basis you would be disputing on and if they are valid debts I would not dispute unless there is an actual inaccuracy in the way they are reported. Also if they have not updated in awhile and they update the status date will come current and drop your Fico scores. For the ones that are going to be on till 2020 if you cannot get the PFD then you want to settle sooner rather than later if they are updating monthly, if not I would probably let them lay until after the mortgage pull then settle. With the ones that will be gone over the next year I would prob hold off on buying so I can present myself in the best light to the mortgage lender.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.