Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I let sleeping dogs lye?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I let sleeping dogs lye?

I have two judgments from Crap One.  One shows satisfied and is scheduled to come off 12/2011.  The other shows open.  I called the attorney that sued me on their behalf and was told that although they garnished my wages it was not satisfied, that Cap 1 pulled the account back and that Track America had it and they did not have a number for them.  I called Crap 1 and they did not have anything under my name or SS#, I did not have the old account number.  The TL's are scheduled to fall off 08/2010, should I wait until this happens before I dig deeper into the judgments?  I checked court records and found that they said they served me at an old address, and I had just gotten out of the hospital from a work related injury and had to have the job provide transportation I could not drive or walk and was at work during the time they said they served me at the old address.  I need to clean up the judgments as soon as as possible, should I wait?  This one attorney told me they can serve me at any address that I receive junk mail to?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I let sleeping dogs lye?

I would still be very concerned.

Your continued credit reportig of the judgements has only one date of concern.

That is 7years from the date of the judgment.

But expiration of credit reporting has nothing to do with obligation on debt payment.

Debt lives forever, until paid.

if the terns of your prior judgement, such as stipulation of payjment terms, or date of final PIF, etc, have not been satisfied, it is no longer a FICO issue, it becomes a legal issue of violation of court ordered terms.  New legal action may arise.

You need an attorney to reveiw your judgment, and your obligations under it.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I let sleeping dogs lye?

I do want to finish paying the debt.  It was a default debt no stipulations were set up in court.  My question is should I wait until the original tradelines fall off for capital one next month, before I contact them on the same accounts judgment.  My thoughts is if I call with the account number and pay now it may start the clock over with the tradelines. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.