cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I pay Fingerhut Fresh Start in full?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I pay Fingerhut Fresh Start in full?

I initially opened a Fingerhut Freshstart account in January for $230 because they were the only one who would grant me credit at the time, my scores were raised enough by their reporting that I was able to obtain an NFCU joint account of $10,000, an Amazon store card of $800, a Children's Place card of $150, Discover secured for $500, Loft of $250 plus an auto loan through Wells Fargo for $19,543 with a 7.9% interest rate. If I pay off Fingerhut and they don't graduate me I will still be ok right?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I pay Fingerhut Fresh Start in full?

@Anonymous wrote:
I initially opened a Fingerhut Freshstart account in January for $230 because they were the only one who would grant me credit at the time, my scores were raised enough by their reporting that I was able to obtain an NFCU joint account of $10,000, an Amazon store card of $800, a Children's Place card of $150, Discover secured for $500, Loft of $250 plus an auto loan through Wells Fargo for $19,543 with a 7.9% interest rate. If I pay off Fingerhut and they don't graduate me I will still be ok right?

Yes you would be ok. If it has no AF then I dont recommend that you actively close it, let them close it for non use at a later date.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since it's Freshstart I understand that they will close it, rather than graduate it, if I don't make payments for 6 months. There is no AF. I also forgot to add that I was approved for an Overstock Mastercard from FNBO for $1,000.
Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Since it's Freshstart I understand that they will close it, rather than graduate it, if I don't make payments for 6 months. There is no AF. I also forgot to add that I was approved for an Overstock Mastercard from FNBO for $1,000.

Oh ok, I have never had that type of a rebuilding account. You are pretty well covered if you were to pay it off ahead of time and it is closed.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I'm new to this and am on a good path score wise and didn't want a set back because I didn't want to bother with $6.00 payments for the next 4 months Smiley Happy.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.