cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I pay for delete?

tag
cmur

Should I pay for delete?

I called a creditor and set up a pay for delete.  They sent me a letter stating that when payment is recieved and clears, they will request for delete at Experian and it is my responsibilty to clear it up if shows up at any other credit reporting agency.  Now, I have pulled my credit report from Trans Union, Equifax and Experian and it is only currently being reported to Experian.  Is it possible that once I pay, they will try and stick it to me and report to the other two?  Does them deleting it at one agency legally make the debt invalid and the other agencies will delete if I supply proof of the letter and payment?  Help is appreciated.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should I pay for delete?

I don't see why they could not do that but at the same time a lot of CA's only report to one or two CRA's. So it it is only on one now and they say that they will delete that one I don't see why that would come back to bit you.
My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.