Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I pay them or wait?

tag
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

Should I pay them or wait?

I have a collection from Midland Funding LLC which about to fall off on 6/13. I received a letter from them to settle the debt for $1020.90 from original owed from $1702. Should go ahead and pay them and write a letter for deletion? or should I just wait for it to fall off? Please advise.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cqdealer711
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should I pay them or wait?

I wouldnt even mess with a PFD if you are going to pay them.  By the time it actually gets deleted from your reports it would be falling off anyways.  Its up to you if you want to pay them or not, the debt if unpaid will follow you around(it wont be reported to bureaus) but the letters/ phone calls/ etc never stop.

Starting FICO Score: 10/1/12--EQ 512 | TU 492 | EX 524
Current FICO Score: 2/22/14--EQ 705 | TU 703 | EX 716
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
DaBears
Senior Contributor

+1 if you don't want the debt to follow you I would offer a settlement of 20% since its so damn old. Or you can let it fall off and the next CA that calls just answer and say who is this, they will reply, then you say this is the county morgue stop callingSmiley LOL

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

CR exclusion puts the unpaid debt under a bushel, making it tougher to become aware of, but it still lives.

Upon app for new credit, if a lendor asks whether you have any unpaid, delinquent debt, CR exclusion would not be basis for answering no.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.