Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I pay them?

tag
Lthomas356
Valued Member

Should I pay them?

Hello all! I have an old CC CO from Citi that now the debt belongs to Midland Credit Management. I have read on here that it’s been very hard to get them to PFD. According to my TU Midland is scheduled to delete 09/12, EX 07/12 (EQ idk). If I pay them in full before the deletion date will it still get deleted during the time my CR is saying? I was thinking about just letting it "fall off" but I'm deciding not to do that bc Citi will most likely just sell it to someone else. Well someone please help and thanks in advance.

Starting Score: 671
Current Score: Wal-Mart TU 683 (1/21/13)
Goal Score: 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I pay them?

EQ doesn't list drop off dates, but you can add 7 years to their DOFD and get a rough drop off date. The DOFD should say anywhere from 7/2005 to 9/2005, give or take.

If you pay the CA, it'll continue to report as a collection, albeit a paid one. Per FICO scoring, it doesn't matter if you owe $0 or $10k, the impact is equal, so you won't see a change in score.

Midland is more of a JDB than a first-string CA. At any time, Midland can choose to sell it to someone else. Even after SOL and CRTP expires, then can continue to sell it and hound you for it. However, it still can't report past next summer/fall, regardless of who owns it. Just make sure your SOL had already expired. That ranges anywhere from 3-15 years depending on where you live and the debt-type. If I owed it, I'd keep trying with the PFDs or PIF and try GWing it.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.