Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I pay this but not request PFD?

tag
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Should I pay this but not request PFD?

Found out I have an unpaid medical bill(its legit, but I dont know if the CA still owns it) that is being listed under the credit card accts section. Its listed as unpaid on 2 cras, but is open on one & closed on the other. The medical amount is included in my total cc debt owed.

Even though this isnt a loan, would it hurt my scores if I attempt a pfd, especially considering it is the oldest acct in that section?

Im thinking I should just pay it to be closed by CA, but keep it listed to help my aaoa? The downside mifht be that it stays for 10 yrs as closed cc's do?

Not sure what to do with this.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I pay this but not request PFD?

@Rebuilding69 wrote:
Found out I have an unpaid medical bill(its legit, but I dont know if the CA still owns it) that is being listed under the credit card accts section. Its listed as unpaid on 2 cras, but is open on one & closed on the other. The medical amount is included in my total cc debt owed.

Even though this isnt a loan, would it hurt my scores if I attempt a pfd, especially considering it is the oldest acct in that section?

Im thinking I should just pay it to be closed by CA, but keep it listed to help my aaoa? The downside mifht be that it stays for 10 yrs as closed cc's do?

Not sure what to do with this.

A CA isnt included in AAoA only open/closed OC accounts are and payment history trumps AAoA considerations on a derog account. A CA or COed account cannot stay for 10 yrs its at most 7.5 yrs from the accounts DoFD. Just attempting the PFD isnt going to hurt your Fico.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
2. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
3. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 3
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Re: Should I pay this but not request PFD?

ok thx for the swift reply!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.