Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I request EE?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I request EE?

I have a closed account from First Premiere from August 2012. I just noticed they stopped reporting in May 2017, should I request a deletion?
I would love to have it removed but don't want to open up a can of worms when it should fall off in 18 months, thoughts?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I request EE?

wrote:
I have a closed account from First Premiere from August 2012. I just noticed they stopped reporting in May 2017, should I request a deletion?
I would love to have it removed but don't want to open up a can of worms when it should fall off in 18 months, thoughts?

Not due to fall off till August 2019. So six months before from Transunion, three months before from Experian, and a month before from Equifax. EE aren’t done outside these timeframes almost at all. Equifax maybe up to three months before. Besides that these timeframes are pretty much set in stone by each CRA. Of course in the future they could change the timeframes if they so chose to. 

Message 2 of 4
capricornchanges
Regular Contributor

Yes, it’s 6 months from DOFD, all they can say is No, won’t hurt to try

1st goal: 700 across the board
Starting Scores 01/19/2018
Equifax : 579
Transunion: 585
Experian: 602

Current 07/06/2018
Equifax:662
Transunion: 645
Experian: 683

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The post is a bit confusing.

Exclusion of derogs is done solely by the CRAs, and does not involve deletion of the derogatory information.  It involves removal of the information from normal future credit reports.  As noted by others, the CRAs will not usually grant an early exclusion of more than 3-6 months.

The body of the post asks whether the OP should make a request for deletion.

Deletions would be done by the creditor, not the CRA, and would be directed to the creditor.  They can be made at any time, and are not reviewed by the CRA or subject to any early exclusion determination.

Unstated in the post is what is intended to be deleted, the entire account, or only derogs reported under the account?

What is the current status of the account?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.