Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I request a recon so soon?

tag
ReachingMyGoals
Valued Member

Should I request a recon so soon?

Was just preapproved for VS today through cart trick.  It was $250.  But since my Cap 1 is now $2800 should I request a recon for a higher limit?

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 580
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I request a recon so soon?

@ReachingMyGoals wrote:

Was just preapproved for VS today through cart trick.  It was $250.  But since my Cap 1 is now $2800 should I request a recon for a higher limit?

When I tried to get one that early, I was told the card was too new. But I read here someone said wait until it reports to your CRs and THEN do it. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 11
ReachingMyGoals
Valued Member

Thanks Whitneyy

Message 3 of 11
itswink
New Contributor

I have had success before with calling immediately with lowes. I just told them I applied for the card for a specific purchase and wasnt given enough credit.

All they will do is say no.

Message 4 of 11
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Is VS through Comenity?  If so, call the Comenity recon number.  I had an instant approval on J Crew (Comenity) for $500.  I called the Comenity backdoor number and received a CLI to $2,000. 

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 5 of 11
ReachingMyGoals
Valued Member

Yes Tom. Through Comenity.

Message 6 of 11
ReachingMyGoals
Valued Member

Would you happen to have the number?

Message 7 of 11
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

@ReachingMyGoals wrote:

Find the list of backdoor numbers here.  I had success reaching them in the morning; not so much in the afternoon.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 8 of 11
ReachingMyGoals
Valued Member

@tomfromrictmame wrote:

@ReachingMyGoals wrote:

Find the list of backdoor numbers here.  I had success reaching them in the morning; not so much in the afternoon.

Thank you Tom.  Will try to see what happens.

Message 9 of 11
AlphaKenny
Contributor

I called the backdoor number for my JCREW card to see if they would up my limit (I'm at $250).  I haven't used the card yet, but I hit the CLI button online last week and was denied.  When I called today the lady stated that I was denied last week and asked if I would like to try again.  She also told me it would be a hard pull.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.