pocketfrog

Should I request to have this removed?

[ Edited ]

I have an auto loan in perfect standing that is almost paid off (and will be paid off several months early). The same lender screwed up something with my paperwork when I first applied for the loan, but instead of removing the oops loan from my credit reort, they just marked it "closed, paid satisfactorily." It says the loan was for $0.

I know it's good to have good remarks on your credit report, however, I am wondering if this hurts me more than it helps me. Is it mathematically bringing down my AAOA? I am looking to buy a home soon and would like to know whether this loan is better ON my credit report or OFF it.

Thanks!

guiness56

Re: Should I request to have this removed?

pocketfrog

[ Edited ]

I know that it counts, but does it count enough to make it worth having it removed? Technically it's in good standing. So is it more harmful or helpful leaving it on there?

pocketfrog

Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+