Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I see an increase?

tag
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

Should I see an increase?

Hello my dear life savers....quick question... everything on my report is paid and reporting that way....I want to apply for a mortgage at the end of August and would like to have all 3 scores to be at least 650...(my current scores are below) I am due a Cap 1 increase in July and one or two SL late payments should drop off due to the SOL by then, do you think those factors will give me the boost I need? 

Thanks for the responses. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
lae_lae
Regular Contributor

Re: Should I see an increase?

The CapOne increase should help your util ratio and you should see a increase but not sure how much.  Regarding the SL late payments, I don't think they will drop off because the SOL is expiring.  You might be confusing SOL with the DOFD.

Message 2 of 5
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

Oh...probably! But shouldn't the lates be removed after 7 years? 

@lae_lae wrote:

The CapOne increase should help your util ratio and you should see a increase but not sure how much.  Regarding the SL late payments, I don't think they will drop off because the SOL is expiring.  You might be confusing SOL with the DOFD.

Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643

Message 3 of 5
lae_lae
Regular Contributor

Yes, the derogs should be removed 7 to 7.5 from the original date it was late, I believe that is called the DOFD.  Not sure how much it helps your score since the lates were a long time ago.  You will probably see an increase.

Message 4 of 5
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

@lae_lae wrote:

Yes, the derogs should be removed 7 to 7.5 from the original date it was late, I believe that is called the DOFD.  Not sure how much it helps your score since the lates were a long time ago.  You will probably see an increase.

Okay..thank you! I will post again when I get the increase to document how many points I get. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.