Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I send a dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I send a dispute?

I'm trying to rebuild my credit. I'm almost at 600, which I'm very happy about. I'm hoping to get up to a 680. I'm not in a hurry, I just want to make sure I'm on the right track.

Last weekend, I went through nearly every negative item on my credit report and sent goodwill letters. I figured it could not hurt.

I still have 3 small collections left to pay off. $670 for Charter communications, (They want the full amount and will not settle), $139 for an electric bill, and $588 for Verizon wireless.

My question is, since most of these are older, should I send a dispute? Or should I just pay them?

What's the best way to get a PFD? Mail or telephone? I had 7/10 collections recently paid, and only 1 of the 7 agreed to the PDF. 

Would appreciate your advice! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I send a dispute?

A dispute is proper only if you have an inaccuracy in some information that has been reported.

Is there any inaccurate reporting?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I send a dispute?

I do not know if it is accurate or not. It most likely is, because I up and moved at that point. But I never got a letter, so I don't know how the billing actually breaks down.

The others I know are valid.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.