cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I send another email off to AFNI?

tag
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

Should I send another email off to AFNI?

I was able to get AFNI Inc to agree to delete their TLs off my reports back on Aug 1st 2008.  Its now Sept 3rd 2008 and their tradline is still on my reports.  Should I re-email them with the attachement letter they sent me stating that they will delete and should I ask them nicely why this account has not been deleted yet?  Or should I wait another 30 days?  They sent me two letters, the delete letter and another letter stating that they sent a request off to the CRAs for deletion and it could take 30/60 days for the CRAs to update.

Why would it take 60 days to update my CRAs from a request to delete from a CA?  It should not take that long I don't believe.  It should be rather quickly I would think.

v/r
JShidell
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I send another email off to AFNI?

I would not rock the boat.  The CA does not process your agreement the same day.  It may take them up to 30 days.  Then, they have to report to the CRA.  The CRA then has their own processing time until it is ultimately posted in your CR.
If they agreed to PFD, I would not aggravate them.
Message 2 of 4
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

RobertEG wrote:
I would not rock the boat.  The CA does not process your agreement the same day.  It may take them up to 30 days.  Then, they have to report to the CRA.  The CRA then has their own processing time until it is ultimately posted in your CR.
If they agreed to PFD, I would not aggravate them.

Well the account has been paid and they agreed to delete off of my GW letter.  I guess i'll wait another 30 days, 60 days just seems extremely long.

v/r
JShidell

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree.......wait it out.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.