Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I take the chance if judgement only on one CRA

tag
Eric958
Established Contributor

Should I take the chance if judgement only on one CRA

DD has a judgement (Showing not satisfied) that only shows on Transunion. Mid score 649 Its actually a paid judgement! Her apt complex gave her a paper to take to court clerk to show its been paid. She's afraid if she gets it changed to a SATISFIED judgement it may report to the other 2 CRA's thus cause her scores to drop on both EQ & EX.. I'm not sure how to advise her. Thoughts anyone?

Never Give Up!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I take the chance if judgement only on one CRA

The judgment creditor is required under the rules of civil procedure to file notice of satisfaction of the debt with the court within a set period after receiving payment, and the court then updates its own public record. 

The CRA will not update based only on a letter sent from the defendant. 

If she wishes update of her credit report to show satisfied, then first check that the court has updated its public record to show satisfied, and then contact the CRA and request update based on the changed public record.  That will not involve the other two CRAs in any way.

Whether or not the other CRAs then pick up the judgment based on a later search is beyond the control of the consumer.

Message 2 of 4
Eric958
Established Contributor

Excellent!! Thanks for taking time out of your day to help!

Never Give Up!!
Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Who ever reported the judgement only to TU would have to send that info to the other 2 bureaus. Not sure why they only reported it on one, but hopefully it stays that way.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.