Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I trust Midland Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I trust Midland Credit

To be honest with you I paid off Praxis Collections and PRA. They were both easy to deal with. I am working on a GW campaign with PRA now that i paid in full. Praxis deleted from CRA's as promised. They were payments for two CO's from Cap1. BTW, both Cap1 CO's were GW deleted by Cap1 before I paid them off with the CA's. I promised Cap1 I would pay them. I sent my contact at the EO proof i paid them that I too was a man of my word.

Message 11 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@fdrfan54 wrote:

Just recently Midland atty sent me a civl summons to respond in 20 days. So I decided to call Midland atty to see if could make a deal to keep this out of court.  After giving them a rough story about how limited my finances was since I was on Social Sec. I was able to haggle them to down to take 5 Dollars a month until it paid off. They also agreed to keep it out of court or place a default judgement against me.  I need to know if I missed up in anyway and if I should trust Midland to keep their end of the deal?

I will be sending them money orders.  

Is there any other advice out there you guys and gals can me?  Should I send the Money Orders certifed or registered mail?

I would trust them, SS benes are exempt from seizure or garnishment unless you owe government debt, they know if they had pressed to a judgment they most likely would never have been able to collect it so they took the 5 a month deal that you offered...

Message 12 of 21
fdrfan54
Frequent Contributor

I may be expmpet, but a judgement would seriously harm my credit right? That why I made the deal. Would this deal boost my credit score? Should still file a resopne to the court since they sent me a civil summons? I made the deal after getting the summons.

Newegg Card $1200| Amazon Card $1000| Walmart Card $1100| Discover IT Card $1500 Current Fico score is 672 currently Gardening for the time being. Been a member of the Garden since 11-21-17 Planning to stay until Mid-2019.
Message 13 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@fdrfan54 wrote:

I may be expmpet, but a judgement would seriously harm my credit right? That why I made the deal. Would this deal boost my credit score? Should still file a resopne to the court since they sent me a civil summons? I made the deal after getting the summons.

Yes a judgment would overshadow your reports as long as its onfile. A boost in score may not happen at all especially if they dont remove the TL from your report. As far as the response I would be requesting dismissal of the suit as you have made an agreement to pay.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a question to anyone about the payment process options, as I have not done this:

Would it be possible to get a debit card that is reloadable online and give the CA the account number and have then draw from it?

That would allow the OP to pay them and to verify (prove) they tookout the money, and also limit his exposure to 'over drafts' by the CA.

I am going to search for that and try to find out the expense of maintaining the debit card.

hth

Message 15 of 21
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@fdrfan54 wrote:

Just recently Midland atty sent me a civl summons to respond in 20 days. So I decided to call Midland atty to see if could make a deal to keep this out of court.  After giving them a rough story about how limited my finances was since I was on Social Sec. I was able to haggle them to down to take 5 Dollars a month until it paid off. They also agreed to keep it out of court or place a default judgement against me.  I need to know if I missed up in anyway and if I should trust Midland to keep their end of the deal?

I will be sending them money orders.  

Is there any other advice out there you guys and gals can me?  Should I send the Money Orders certifed or registered mail?

Not so good.  You are judgement proof on social security.  You should have showed up at court, asking for proof of debt.  They often do not have the proof of debt, you would have won.  They act like PRA, but midland settled a recent lawsuit with the CFPB, which made them refund money for collections they can not prove.  They were hit hard.  And your social security would never have been garnished.

Signature needs updating
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a question to anyone about the payment process options, as I have not done this:

Would it be possible to get a debit card that is reloadable online and give the CA the account number and have then draw from it?

That would allow the OP to pay them and to verify (prove) they tookout the money, and also limit his exposure to 'over drafts' by the CA.

I am going to search for that and try to find out the expense of maintaining the debit card.

hth

I did a little research and the Bluebird from American Express that is sort of associated with Walmart looks like a good prospect.

www.bluebird.com

it says you can add funds electronically using a debit card or by going to a Walmart and depositing in person there.

I cant find anything saying large fees and there is online access and even a mobile app for a smart phone, so you could print out that they took it.

you can even do billpay with them, but that doesnt 100% prove they got it, just that it left your account.

hth

Message 17 of 21
fdrfan54
Frequent Contributor

I just filed my response at local clerks office

This is what I wrote and filled at the clerk office

1.I have talked with midland’s atty.s made an agreement to pay 5 dollars a month until debt is paid in full by sending money orders since I have no bank accounts because I only receive a very limited amount of money since I only receive government benefits due to the fact I’m disabled and can’t work.
2. I would to like have an official arbitration session with Midland’s attys. Overseen by a neutral party to make the agreement I stated above official and placed in court records.
3. I also ask Midland to provide proof that they truly purchased and own the debt from the Original Creditor’s

Newegg Card $1200| Amazon Card $1000| Walmart Card $1100| Discover IT Card $1500 Current Fico score is 672 currently Gardening for the time being. Been a member of the Garden since 11-21-17 Planning to stay until Mid-2019.
Message 18 of 21
fdrfan54
Frequent Contributor

Did i say thr right things in my response?

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fdrfan54 wrote:

Did i say thr right things in my response?

You are going to want to ask that the case be dismissed without prejudice on the grounds that they have accepted a repayment agreement prior to going to court. Should you default on the agreement, they can refile the case.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.