cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I try a PFD for a Chase card opened in 2015?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I try a PFD for a Chase card opened in 2015?

I have a chase card on my account from 2015 with a $445 balance, and a secure cc that I just opened last month. Those are the only 2 cc's on my account as of right now.  I was wondering should I offer chase a PFD, or I was thinking of leaving it and getting added as an authorized user on my sisters 5 yr old chase card(She has excellent credit) to raise my AAOA and then deal with it. If i do a PFD should I call them or mail?

Also, on a side note I had a First Premier Bank card on there but it fell off (and also dropped my score by 50 points) just last week, it appears to still be showing on my credit report under deregatory accounts however. Should, I contact the credit bureau if it remains on there?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I try a PFD for a Chase card opened in 2015?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a chase card on my account from 2015 with a $445 balance, and a secure cc that I just opened last month. Those are the only 2 cc's on my account as of right now.  I was wondering should I offer chase a PFD, or I was thinking of leaving it and getting added as an authorized user on my sisters 5 yr old chase card(She has excellent credit) to raise my AAOA and then deal with it. If i do a PFD should I call them or mail?

Also, on a side note I had a First Premier Bank card on there but it fell off (and also dropped my score by 50 points) just last week, it appears to still be showing on my credit report under deregatory accounts however. Should, I contact the credit bureau if it remains on there?

Is that Chase card charged off? If that FP is less than 7 yrs from date of the CO then it can still be reported, if it fell off one CRA I would not bring to anyones attention, COed accounts will affect Fico as long as they are on file. Welcome to the board ")

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the Chase card is charged off, and the FP just hit 7yrs last month.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as the AU account with the sister
I'd do that, to prop your profile enough to add 2 more revolvers so you'll have a total of 3 primary TLs so you can thicken your file
Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would settle that CO with Chase before the sell it to a JDB and you end up with that entry as well. You can try the PFD but odds are they wont budge since its so new.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 gdal 6
Which is why I'd add the AU and get those 2TLs adding positive 'protection' and data to help build your profile
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.