cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I try to contact the CEO for assistance?

tag
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

Should I try to contact the CEO for assistance?

I've posted many many times about my medical judgments. So I'm sorry that I'm posting another.

My DH and I have a total of 4 default medical judgments against us, plus one collection from the same hospital system, totalling $6686.68 + interest and fees. I've written to the attorneys and received a response for my DH's cases, but not mine. The attorney for my DH sent a statement for his 2 judgments with the balance owed and was willing to discuss a payment plan. He did not mention vacating the judgments once paid, which I did ask.

Before I received that response, I sent a letter to the hospital's billing department, asking for assistance in reducing the debt (even though we don't qualify for financial assistance). I included information about all of our accounts and included copies of the letters I sent to the attorneys. I explained our situation and said we were willing to pay, but needed the judgments vacated to help fix our credit so we can buy our first home. I put my pride aside and also mentioned that I am employed by one of their hospitals, hoping that would help.

I have email access and addresses to the CEO (executive), COO (operating), CMO (medical), CFO (financial) and am wondering if I should email one of them to see if they could help me out. Or should I wait for a response from the billing manager first? If I send an email, who would be the best person to try first?

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Re: Should I try to contact the CEO for assistance?

How long ago did you send the letter to the billing dept? In my case, it took quite some time for wheels to move. Hospitals are sometimes laden with red tape and bureaucracy, as you may well know. Given that you work there, I'd be hesitant to involve executive leadership until you've exhausted all other options.

I would also gently and politely continue to press the attorney for your DH about vacating the judgments after payment. Good luck! Medical stuff is a pain, for sure, but if you can jump through the hoops the payoff is worth it.

Message 2 of 3
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

Re: Should I try to contact the CEO for assistance?

Thanks.

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.