Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I try to delete the auto loans?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I try to delete the auto loans?

I have three paid in full auto loans on my cr.    Though they were opened at various times, at one point all three were open at the same time.   They do show late payments, but at the same time, they are evidence that we paid them all in full.   I've considered requesting a gw delete but I'm wondering if there is more positive than negative to having them on my cr.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Should I try to delete the auto loans?

I would personally GW the lates

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I agree.  Your request can simply be for deletion of the derogs, not the entire account.

However, you always take the chance that they will simply delete the entire accounts.  That will remove any future need to addess any additional GW requests or possible disputes.  They may simply decide to clear the decks. 

How old are the reported derogs, and what was the highest level of delinquency?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

I agree.  Your request can simply be for deletion of the derogs, not the entire account.

However, you always take the chance that they will simply delete the entire accounts.  That will remove any future need to addess any additional GW requests or possible disputes.  They may simply decide to clear the decks. 

How old are the reported derogs, and what was the highest level of delinquency?

The most recent late is reported as June 2013.   It states I have 30 day lates at least six times or more.   With Ally auto finance.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I am purely speculating, but often when a creditor reports that many 30-lates, some could actually have been reported as higher levels of  delinquency, such as 80 or 90 late, and the creidtor cut a break and did not report an incremented delinquency level.

Any correspondence with them may lead to an account review that updates therir reporting to show the actual, higher levels.

It's a chance you may not wish to take of some of the 30 lates were actually reported when the debt was delinquent at a hgher level.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.