Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I wait or try again?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I wait or try again?

I haven't had luck so far with my first round of GW letters to WFNNB. I sent the last one to the President of Alliance Data Systems (parent company of WFNNB) last week and promptly received a phone call from the consumer relations department saying "no". Should I send another GW letter this week to WFNNB (not alliance)? I don't want to tick anyone off by being pushy but I also want to be persistent. Any thoughts?

TIA!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: Should I wait or try again?

So what would happen if you "tick them off"?

Think about it.

Keep trying.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 2 of 7
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Keep trying with creditor but pick different people.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FrugalRican wrote:

So what would happen if you "tick them off"?

Think about it.

Keep trying.

Thanks! Great point...The worst they can say is "no" and I've already heard that a few times from them. Besides, once my other two baddies are deleted (hopefully soon - got confirmation again this week from both) then that's literally the only derog I have left on my CR. My goal is to have good credit regardless of my score Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crashem wrote:
Keep trying with creditor but pick different people.

That's my plan! Thank you!

Message 5 of 7
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Keep trying... It took 3 months of "no's" from WFNNB to finally get a yes (and it was the same GW letter too, just with a different date at the top!)... Just be persistant and keep sending letters...

Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bridgetkaryn wrote:

Keep trying... It took 3 months of "no's" from WFNNB to finally get a yes (and it was the same GW letter too, just with a different date at the top!)... Just be persistant and keep sending letters...

Thanks, I will. I'm mailing another one as I type Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.