Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I write a goodwill letter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I write a goodwill letter?

I have a 30 day late on a personal loan from a local bank reporting to only EQ from march of 2014. The loan is now paid in full. I have family that works at the bank in executive roles so I am pretty confident they would grant my goodwill request, but would I see much of an impact with 1 30 day late that is 18 months old being removed? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I write a goodwill letter?

You probably won't see much of a difference as the late is 18 months old and loses most of its impact by 24 months.  With that said, if it was me - I would still try to get it GW'ed off the report.  It doesn't take much to write the letter - and it can't hurt.  It's probably my OCD nature - but I'd prefer a clean report if possible Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I write a goodwill letter?

I sent my cousin an email and it has been taken care of. Yahtzee! I have 2 charge offs from 2011 on my report that are now both settled and two 30 day lates from a Honda auto loan back in 2010 (already GW'd Honda and they took off two 60 day lates) with zero collections at all. Time to start letting the charge offs age/fall off and let my new positive lines report.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.