Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I?

tag
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

Should I?

Should I remove myself as an AU for this account?  Is it helping or hurting me?

GECRB/SAM'S CLUB DC
P.O. Box 965005
Orlando, FL-328965005
(800) 234-7455
Account Number: XXXX Status: PAYS AS
AGREED
Account Owner: Authorized User High Credit: $4,149
Type of Account : Revolving Credit Limit: $5,300
Term Duration: Terms Frequency: Monthly (due
every
month)
Date Opened: 10/01/2006 Balance:
Date Reported: 10/01/2008 Amount Past Due:
Date of Last Payment: 10/2008 Actual Payment Amount: $375
Scheduled Payment
Amount:
$32 Date of Last Activity: 10/2008
Date Major Delinquency Months Reviewed: 23

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Re: Should I?

So it currently has a $4,000 balance or? If it has that high a balance it's probably killing your utilization depending on what kind of revolving credit you personally have. If it has a lower balance then there is no harm in keeping it as long as it stays current.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 15
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

It's not mine so I have no control over how he's using it.  I do know he is expecting a big bonus in a few months and will probably pay it down then.  Since I am an AU I just wondered if I should hang tight or cut it loose.  I suspect I will have to cut it loose before long anyway.  Your thoughts?

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 3 of 15
sphinx313
Established Contributor

If you expect that you will just be cutting loose of the card soon then just get it over with now and don't benefit/lose because of it. Everything you do should be long term and positive not a hope that it works out.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 15
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Call the CC company and get removed its hurting you alot and as an AU they have to delete from CR

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 5 of 15
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

I called today and had myself removed.  I will be following up with a letter.  Should I notify the CRA or should I just wait? 

Message 6 of 15
annielorie
Valued Contributor

The CC company should send you a letter that they are removing you from account and will notify the bureaus. When you get letter Call and asked it to be emailed send to CRA to have the account deleted. Dont wait on it as you want it removed asap Dont forget to let us know what your score is after it is dleted

Message 7 of 15
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

I asked for a letter and they said they would send it to my ex (the account holder) go figure.  I followed up with snail mail letters just to confirm my request.  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 15
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Call them back they need to send a copy to you as it is your report they are reporting on.

Message 9 of 15
KevinBlock55
Established Member

Date of last payment was 2008. I think you just closed a card with 0% utilization. I dont think it had been used in awhile. The 4k was his highest balance reported, not current balance..
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.