cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should PFD letters be offers to PIF or offers to pay a percentage?

tag
George888
New Contributor

Re: Should PFD letters be offers to PIF or offers to pay a percentage?

@lovinlifeinkc wrote:

Must add, dont think it hurt that after I paid my settlement amount I faxed and emailed a copy of my payment receipt plus call the rep who signed my PFD letter.   Smiley LOL

That is excellent news lovinlife.  It is really moving fast for you.  I think I will do the same thing as you.... I will fax them a copy of the payment receipt plus call the rep who signed the letter.  I haven't talked to them or had any contact with them at all.  I think that if I receive an agreement from them, I will call them to confirm it.  

This is a copy of my PFD.  I copied parts of different PFD templates and from other PFDs that other  people had sent me.  What do you think of it?  I fear it might be too long.  I hope your reply won't be too negative because by the time I read your reply I will have already sent the letter.  Did you send your via certified mail?  Did you sign your letter?  I did, but don't know if it was necessary.  

This might be too paranoid of me, but I was thinking that for other collectors (not this one), if I sign a PFD letter and they deny it, they will then know how to sign my signature and would be able to fake a debt verification request if I made one after their denial to my PFD.  Is that too much paranoia?  Smiley Happy

My name

My address

My address

Professional Collection Consultants

Their address

Their address

Date:     4/7/2012

RE:  Creditor:  Cingular / ATT Wireless

Account Number:            xxxx

My Social Security #:       xxxx

Amount of debt:              $xxxx

Dear Collection Manager:

This letter is in response to your “Professional Collection Consultants” trade line being reported to my credit report for the debt listed above.  I wish to save us both some time and effort by settling this debt.

Please be aware that the sole purpose of this communication is to get the listing removed from my credit report.  This is not an acknowledgment or acceptance of the debt, as I have not received any verification of the debt.  Nor is this a promise to pay, and it is not a payment agreement unless you provide a response as detailed below.

I am aware that your company has the ability to report this debt to the credit bureaus as you deem necessary.  Furthermore, you have the ability to change or delete the listing since you are the information furnisher.

I am willing to pay $xxx.00 in exchange for the following.

1.   Professional Collection Consultants agrees to delete ALL information regarding this account from the credit reporting agencies, including the Professional Collections Consultants trade line to all of the credit bureaus it was reported to, within ten (10) calendar days following receipt of payment of $xxx.00.

2.   The settled amount shall be considered as paid in full on this account with no future money owed.  After receiving the settled amount, Cingular/ATT Wireless or Professional Collection Consultants will take no further collection action, and the account will not be transferred or sold to another collection agency,

If you agree to the terms, I will send certified funds in the amount of $xxx.00 to Professional Collection Consultants as soon as I receive the signed agreement from you.

If you accept this offer, you also agree not to discuss the offer with any third-party, except for the original creditor.

If you accept the offer, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead agreeing to the terms of my offer. This letter should be signed by an authorized agent of Professional Collection Consultants.  The letter will be treated as a contract and enforceable under the laws of my state. 

If I do not get any response from you within 15 days of receipt of this letter, I will withdraw my offer and make a further request for debt verification under the provisions of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Please forward your agreement or any correspondence regarding this account, to the address listed below.

My address

My address

Sincerely,

My name.

Message 21 of 31
lovinlifeinkc
Regular Contributor

I think this letter is perfect!  Good luck to you.  Just to make it faster you might want to fax the PFD to them. 

Starting Score Aug 2011 590/ Gardening until 2013!!
Current Score Walmart 683/ FICO Equifax 722/738/ 708 Transunion FICO 700/ 725 Credit Karma 648/678/
Goal Score 750
Credit Cards- Orchard $300, Capitol One $300/$500, Amazon $600/$1300 Pennys $700, Walmart $250/$700, Discover $2000, Chase $1500 Pending Citi/Declined Cit- Inquires and new credit....... GARDENING UNTIL 2013 or home loan time!!! Help me stay strong!!
Message 22 of 31
propertyvirgins
Valued Member

can u PM me a copy of the PFD letter also

Message 23 of 31
George888
New Contributor

@propertyvirgins wrote:

can u PM me a copy of the PFD letter also

Hi property virgins,  The PFD letter is pasted into this thread, in the post dated 04-07-2012, 02:49 PM.  But I will PM it to you anyway, along with five PFD temmplates that I have gathered and which I used to create my PFD letter.

Good luck to you.

Message 24 of 31
George888
New Contributor

@lovinlifeinkc wrote:

.... I immediately received a receipt for the amount I paid via email- which of course I turned around and emailed back to them.  Then I faxed a copy of both the receipt and PFD letter they sent.  Waiting to pull my reports to verify its deleted.    

lovinlife,

Can you please send me any email addersses you have with PCC?  If they accept my PFD, I would like to email them once I have paid.  Thank you!

George

Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your information. I am going to attempt to fax PFD letters myself. Could you please e-mail me/PM me a copy of your PFD letter(s)? Thank you so much!

Message 26 of 31
George888
New Contributor

trace123,

The PFD I used is posted in this thread (above) with a date stamp of "04-07-2012 02:49 PM".

Let me know if you have any questions.

George

Message 27 of 31
erickedgar
Established Member

@Familywantsahouse wrote:

The one I sent the DV to, I had paid the OC in full, so when they went to "validate", they couldn't.

I think I'm in a situation like you're describing. I sent a PFD and the CA replied by saying they were going to validate the account. Do you think I can pay the OC and have it removed, like you did?

Message 28 of 31
George888
New Contributor

Erickedgar,

I'm not an expert, but if your intention is to have it removed, I wouldn't pay the OC or the CA unless they give you a letter saying that they will delete it if you pay.  There is no guarantee that they will remove the TL after you pay, unless you get a letter from them stating it.

Also, I believe that: 

If there is a CA involved, I don't think you can pay the OC.  I think you are forced to pay the CA.

If you get a letter from the CA saying that they will delete the TL if you pay, that only means that the CA's TL will be deleted.  If the OC also has a TL, that will not be deleted.  That would be up to the OC.  After paying the CA, one of your options is to send a GW letter to the OC telling them you paid the debt and asking if they will delete it.  

My suggestion to you is to create a new post with your question.  There are a lot of knowledgable people here that will give you good suggestions.

Message 29 of 31
erickedgar
Established Member

Thanks George888 for the response!

I did create a post, but it hasn't had too much feedback. This was my first attempt at a PFD and it's definately a learning experience.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.