Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we continue to use Lexington Law

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should we continue to use Lexington Law

Hi my name is wes my mom is looking to cash out refinance her house to pay off some debt. She has some bad things posting on her CR i have hired LL and would like to know steps to take that i dont need them and save the $99/mo. Below i am only listing open good accounts and the negatives. Listing all open and closed Good accounts would take forever since my mother is 65 and has great credit history up untill the last 10 years. Her Credit score "Fico" not Fakos are EX 624 EQ 602 TU 615 fico mortage score pulled from TU is only 579 i dont understand.

Lows CC opened 03/2016
$0/$800
Barclays opened 03/2016
$416/$1800
Avant installment loan
Opened 11/2015
$10,200
Capital one card #1
Opened 06/2015
$9/$750
Capital one card #2
Opened 12/2011 "capone refuses to CLI"
$24/$500
Goodys CC
Opened 12/2006
$0/2006
Credit one cc
Opened 06/2015
$145/$550
First TN 2nd equity loan
Opened 09/2008 one 30 day late pay in 2013
$14,459
Kay jewelers CC
Opened 09/2015
$0/$1000
Kohls Cap one CC
Opened 09/2015
$0/$300
Jcpenny CC
Opened 03/2016
$0/$300
Santander auto loan
09/2014
$16,514
Seterus mortage
12/2004
$53,000 one 30 day late when it was sold from suntrust without my mother knowing
*******************"*************"
Care credit CC
Opened 09/2015
$0/$1500
Discount tire CC
Opened 06/2015
$0/$500
Walmart CC
Opened 12/2014
$0/$500
Finger hut
Opened 09/2015
$0/$400

The bad!
First TN bank
Opened 06/2008 delinquency 10/2010
Balance $5,834 charge off
Pinnacle Collections
Verizon
10/2014
$1,289 unpaid
Midland funding
HSBC CC
Opened 03/2011
$0 paid SIF in 2011
Dicks sporting goods CC
Charge off. Opened 07/2009
Delinquency date 01/2010
$0
JCP CC
Opened 07/2001
Delinquency 12/2007
0$ charge off, have disputed with CB says accurate past 7 years old.
Suntrust mortgage
Opened 12/2004 one 30 day late pay while being sold to seterus without her knowledge on 07/2014
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should we continue to use Lexington Law

The quick answer is no. Use that money to open a MYFico account, read the community forum posts and do everything yourself. Trust me when I say the advice is much better than a company that's just going to blindly dispute everything.

LL is for people who think credit repair comes quickly (think of all the stupid diet commercials on tv saying one can lose 50 pounds in a month); few actually receive these types of results and most have to work hard for improvement.

Good luck to you and your mother though. Credit repair is hard but the rewards are amazing.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. I jave sense fired LL and will repair her credit as i did my own. I just really hate dealing with CRA and OC and their damn automated phone lines. I deal with that on a daily basis and dont really have time or Patience
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next piece of advice; avoid the phone lines and deal with issues online (I believe Experian is the exception). I dealt with all credit issues using the CBR online tools and never had to listen to Kenny G Smiley Happy

Nothing to say about patience other than you're going to have to build some tolerance. Credit wasn't burned in a day and it won't be rebuilt in that timeframe either.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The quick answer is no. Use that money to open a MYFico account, read the community forum posts and do everything yourself. Trust me when I say the advice is much better than a company that's just going to blindly dispute everything.

LL is for people who think credit repair comes quickly (think of all the stupid diet commercials on tv saying one can lose 50 pounds in a month); few actually receive these types of results and most have to work hard for improvement.

Good luck to you and your mother though. Credit repair is hard but the rewards are amazing.

A bit judgemental perhaps? I have been using them for 2 months because I feel too busy to do what they do for me, and would prefer to pay someone else to do it. They've been great and I'm basically done with them after a pretty short amount of time since nothing I had was especially difficult to deal with.

I know that type of company is taboo around here but spreading false (and fairly negative) judgement about anyone who might want to pay them to do what we are able to do ourselves doesn't seem friendly or accurate. They do what they do, and if a person would prefer to do those same things themselves, they will certainly save money and learn more about the process while doing it - but if saving a little bit of money is not a concern and a person would prefer to just let someone else take care of it, that's their perogative.

Message 5 of 6
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

I paid someone to roll my lawn what's the difference. I didn't have time. Similar to the reason people use Lexington law.

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.