Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we have this tradeline removed?

tag
fairclok
Contributor

Should we have this tradeline removed?

HI all,

My sister is about to begin refinancing her home.    Her mortgage has changed servicing companies 4 times in the past 7 years.     One of the servicing companies is no longer in business and they are reporting her at 30 days late twice on 11/2010 and 12/2010.    They held the mortgage for approximately 2 years.

She knows she has never been late on her mortgage.     We sent letters to company but they have not responded.   Their website says they have ceased operations

She needs approximately 12 points to quailfy for her refinancing.         

I've been through the rebuilding process and I'm not too sure about this one

If we had the entire tradeline removed would it impact her score Positively or Negatively?        This mortgage is showing up two other times on her other credit reports with the new servicing companies with no lates reported.     

I'm thinking the 30 day lates reporting on this tradeline are hurting her more than the positives of this tradeline.

She does have other tradelines (credit cards with lates reporting) and some collections (paid with Midland).  I'm aware the impact to score is relative, but I just want to get a feel from the rebuiding experts what course of action she should take.

Thoughts?

Starting Score: Sept. 2012 EX FAKO 560; EQ FICO 590; TU FICO 576
2015 Score: Dec 2016 EX FICO 800; EQ FICO 790; TU FICO 810
Goal Score Met 2018: 825 or better on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Should we have this tradeline removed?

i would say dispute them.....will be a tough one considering there is noone to answer the dispute

Message 2 of 11
DaBears
Senior Contributor

The 30 day lates are no longer affecting her score. Installment loans have a different util compared to credit util. Fastest way to bump her scores would be to get her credit card util between 1-9%.

DaBears

Message 3 of 11
fairclok
Contributor

Thanks DaBears.   Thats what I needed to know.   I will not dispute them then, even though we have documentation showing they are incorrect.    My biggest fear was that since the Mortgage Company doesn't exist, the account would get deleted rather than corrected if we disputed. 

Message 4 of 11
fairclok
Contributor

Just any fyi.   Her Utilization is already between 1-9%.    

Message 5 of 11
DaBears
Senior Contributor

It will be deleted as the company does not exist anymore. That TL will turn positive at 7 yrs from the date of each occurance and will remain up to 10 yrs from date closed.

Message 6 of 11
fairclok
Contributor

So in your opinion, there is no benefit to removing the TL by diputing in the next 45 days for example?   I can't find anywhere on her credit reports to sqeeze out 10-15 points. 

I thought maybe a tradeline with the lates reporting would get me going in the right direction.   (Note:   There are two other 30 day lates on this tradeline but they are from 2008)

Message 7 of 11
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@fairclok wrote:

So in your opinion, there is no benefit to removing the TL by diputing in the next 45 days for example?   I can't find anywhere on her credit reports to sqeeze out 10-15 points. 

I thought maybe a tradeline with the lates reporting would get me going in the right direction.   (Note:   There are two other 30 day lates on this tradeline but they are from 2008)

You do not want a dispute comment on that TL. It will raise an eyebrow with the underwriter and he/she will request to have it removed cause having a dispute comment on a OC account removes certain factors out from scoring. 

I keep my util % at 5% every month. That give me the best possible scoring. Took me 6 months to play around with the util%.

Message 8 of 11
baggy2

Thanks for the response.   I agree, she does not want any dispute showing up on a TL when going for a mortgage.    Her report needs to be clean.      

I guess where i'm trying to go with this is, if she disputes, waits the 45 days and there is no response from the original creditor, the TL would be removed.     At which point, how would this removal impact her score?

Starting Score: 626
Current Score: 8626
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 11
baggy2

fyi.  i'm on my sister's myfico account as well with her responding to this post.     we are jumping back and forth as we try and figure this out.

Starting Score: 626
Current Score: 8626
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.